Monday, June 1, 2009

Equipment needed for 6/20

Both John and Aaron will be bringing kegs of beer with them to the group brew day on 6/20. I only have one 5# CO2 tank, so we will need a way to push beer out of their kegs. If anyone has a CO2 tank that they can bring with either a dual manifold or a single manifold and a splitter it would be greatly appreciated.

FWIW, I will be brewing my annual IIPA, Hopacles '09, on 6/20. If you've never seen 30 oz of hops go into a 5g batch of beer before, you won't want to miss it. :D

John, you really need to add a post here now and then, I don't want to be the only MALTZ member that contributes to the blog! :) If anyone else has something that they want to contribute regularly, please let me know and I'll add you to the list of authorized posters to the blog.

3 comments:

  1. Kyle,
    I have an extra regulator, bottle and connections to serve. I'm thinking I'll drop off my equip the prior evening along with the keg o beer and tap stuff. that way it's ready to go when we get back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No need to come all the way here the night before. You can just bring it with you in the morning, but I'll leave it up to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Update:
    The keg is very tart. I'm going to bring it and also bottled samples of the same beer to taste side by side.

    I'd rather drop off the equip, beer and grains the night before and drive straight down to Columbus from Mansburg. It'll save me at least 45 minutes travel time that Saturday morn. Let me know if that's o.k.

    ReplyDelete