Friday, May 29, 2009

Sensory Training kit update

The good news is that the kit is in. The bad news is that they recommend using all of the perishable samples within 60 days (I think 90 will probably be safe), so we'll need to complete the kit over the next 3 gatherings (6/20, 7/17 and the following meeting).

Sampling of the kit was not planned for 6/20, but it appears that there will be very good attendance, so we'll start the sampling then. Siebel recommends that each sample be introduced to approximately 1 liter of relatively neutral beer and then poured for sampling. That's a bit less than 3 beers per sample to get the proper dilution, so everyone bring a 6 pack of their favorite cheapo BMC (Budweiser/Miller/Coors) swill on 6/20 to mix with the samples! :D

Please bring $20 (no checks, grain or hops accepted :D) with you on 6/20 to cover the cost of the kit.

As a follow up, some of you still need to confirm attendance for the tours and the brewing sessions on 6/20. I have a potential club member from the Marysville area who would like to attend the tours, but I have told him that I need to make sure that there is an open spot first. If I do not hear from some of you by the end of next week I will contact you individually. If I do not hear back from you then I will assume that you will not be attending either the tours or the brew session.

Please update your status for 6/20 by leaving a comment here or by emailing me at kyle.klaiber@gmail.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment