Tuesday, May 12, 2009

AB/GB tour updates

I heard back from both AB and GB and the tours are a go for 6/20. The AB guy still needs to get back to me regarding a start time, but it will either be at 9 AM or at 10 AM. He said that the tour typically lasts 2 hours, depending on how many questions there are.

I can get 6 people in my truck in addition to my wife and I. Anyone who wants to meet at my house beforehand and then ride with me is welcome, just let me know.

The tour at Gordon Biersch in the Arena District will immediately follow the AB tour, then the REAL FUN begins! AG Brew session at my house. If you need the address, email me. I'm hoping that we will be able to get started at about 2pm.

I'm going to crush my grains beforehand so that we can hit the ground running when we get back from the tours and we should have wort heating to a boil around 90 minutes later. I still haven't decided what I will be brewing yet but I will try to get in at least 3 batches, and John will be brewing as well. This will be a great learning opportunity for those who are looking to make the move to all grain. If you are unable to make the tours, but would like to attend the brew session, get me a phone number and I will call you when we leave, that way you're not sitting and waiting in my driveway on the chance that the tours run a little long.

I will pick up some normal picnic fare (burgers, hot dogs) to grill up while the mash(es) are going. Please either bring a dish to share with the group, or pitch in for the burgers and dogs.

I plan on leaving GB immediately after the tour to get back to the house and brew. If you want to eat at GB (link on the right of the page) feel free to do so, just make sure that you have a way to get home or to my house. I realize that from 9am to 2 pm is a bit of a stretch, but with grain already crushed, I'll be cooking burgers and dogs within 30 minutes of getting back to the house.

As always, comment, email or call with questions.

1 comment:

  1. I'll take you up on the ride offer. I will also get buns for the cookout.

    ReplyDelete