Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Who's brewing what on 6/20?

Before we dig into who's brewing what, I want to remind anyone that is planning on riding down to the tours with me that I'm leaving my house at 8am at the latest. If you're not there then you'll need to drive yourself down. So far there are 3 riding down with me and I still have room for 3 more.

Let's get a list together of who's brewing on 6/20 and what they will be brewing. Let me know if you will be brewing and what you plan on brewing and I will update this entry accordingly. So far I know that the following people will be *brewing* on 6/20:

John - 10g German Ale
Chad James -
Kyle - 5g Hopacles '09, 5g or 10g English IPA
Lowell - 5g or 10g Brown Porter, 5g Rauchbier

Anyone is welcome to brew. Extract, PM, AG - it doesn't matter. Here are the things that I have and/or can provide some access to during the brew day:

Marion city water (I've never had any water issues with my beers)
2 Digital Thermometers
3 digital timers
refractometer
3/8" & 5/8" ID tubing
3/16" ID tubing (beer line)
2 picnic taps (in case anyone wants to bring kegged beer to share)
Misc. brewing equipment (auto siphons, funnels, mash paddle, etc.)
5.5g kettle for heating strike/sparge water
Iodophor
Digital scale (reads to 100th of an oz or in grams)

If you need something that you do not see above, please bring it along with you. If you *ARE* going to brew, you will need to provide your own ingredients (grain, yeast, hops, extract, fining agent, etc.), propane, burner, boil kettle, MLT/HLT and primary fermenters (carboys, buckets).

2 comments:

  1. Kyle,
    I'm in for brewing. I'll be doing 10 gallon of, I'm thinking, Pilsner/Vienna/noble hop/1007ish. Can't say for sure, but It'll be someting along those lines.
    If anyone is interested, I have Pacman, 1007, WLP 400, octoberfest lager yeasts available. There's a limited amount, so let me know. I'll bring it to brew day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John,

    You can bring your grains whole and use my Barley Crusher if you want. Just let me know.

    ReplyDelete