Monday, May 4, 2009

Tentative 6/20 brew day

This is subject to change, but I'm going to try to get a group brew day at my house on 6/20. Since it's still 7+ weeks out I don't have an idea of what I'll be brewing yet. I typically start brewing around 9:00 am and I always do at least 2 batches, sometimes more.

Anyone else who wants to bring their equipment and brew a batch of their own is welcome to do so!

As this date approaches I'll pull some recipes together and probably do a brew to match up with a BJCP category review at a future meeting.

If you are interested in attending, please let me know by commenting on this post.

-Kyle

4 comments:

  1. Well,

    Let me just say I'm not a big fan of blogs, but I guess rules is rules. I doan wanna upsets ya massa. LOL

    Anyway, I didn't want to wait that long for my brew because I need it to be ready by August 8th. I guess if everything goes ok, I should be fine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! You (or anyone else) didn't upset me personally at all. I'm trying to look at the big picture. In 1 or 2 years if we have 20+ members, having a central point of updates is probably going to be more beneficial to everyone than getting 5+ emails a month from other club members about things that they may or may not be interested in.

    This way people can come here and decide what they want to see for themselves instead of having everything sent to them regardledd of whether they want to see it or not.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kyle,
    I'm planning on attending on the 20th. I don't know what I'll be brewing, but it'll probably be a go to pale ale 2-row, vienna, and C-10. Cascades for hops and Nottingham yeast.
    Also, I have way too much German Ale yeast. I'll never use as much as I have. If someone is interested in me bringing a sample of 1007, just let me know.
    Hope to see everyone on the 20th.
    John

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds good, John. Go ahead and bring some of the WY1007. I'm sure that I (or someone else) will find something to brew with it.

    Now I just need to figure out what I will be brewing.

    ReplyDelete