Wednesday, May 6, 2009

AB/GB tours and 6/20 brew day

***Summary - both tours and brew day on 6/20, meetings will continue on weekends***

Thanks to everyone who replied to let me know which dates did and didn't work for you regarding the tours. There was only 1 person who stated that they would not be able to make the tours on 6/20 and all other dates had multiple members who would not be able to make it, so I have sent off emails to my contacts at both Anheuser Busch and Gordon Biersch to see if we can get the tours scheduled for Saturday, 6/20.

I have requested that the AB tour start somewhere between 9 am and 10 am. Once I receive confirmation from AB regarding how long the tour will last, I will try to coordinate the GB tour to follow approximately 30 minutes later (that should give us plenty of time to get from Worthington to the Arena District).

I'm *guessing* that each tour will take approximately 1 hour, but I haven't had that information confirmed yet.

We will also be doing a group brew day at my house on 6/20 after the tours. We should be able to get back to my house and be started by 2pm or so at the latest, possibly earlier depending upon how long the tours last. This will be a great opportunity for some of you to observe all grain brewing, as there will be at least 3 batches going.

I realize that this makes for a long day, but please don't feel like you need to stay for everything. For those of you interested in seeing the AG process, you can come back to my house after the tours, hang out for 60-90 minutes and just about everything you need to see. Once the boil starts, it's not much different than what you're doing now (minus any extract and/or steeping) - add hops, fining agent, chill and pitch.

The consensus on meeting nights is to stay with weekend evenings, so that's what we will do. Having said that, I am booked so solid with my kids and softball that I will not be organizing any club activities between now and the tours on 6/20. If anyone else would like to take the lead and plan a meeting between now and then, please let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment